Pages

About Me

My photo
My name is Charles Yu and I am currently a 3rd year at CSUF as a business major. I also work at an Ice Rink over the weekends and whenever I find free time, I go out longboarding, biking, or on special occasions, snowboarding and wakeboarding. One thing I hate to do is sit still at home and do nothing However, what I love to do especially is go longboarding, due to its accessibility and the activity itself. People usually on see others longboarding on campus just to get to point a to point b, but there is whole scene of longboarding that people are unaware of.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

DH Racing and Free Riding

To the thrilling and fun part, Downhill racing and Free Riding are somewhat similar in styles, but DH racing is simply competitive racing which the riders can reach up to speeds of up to 30-40mph down mountain roads.  Free Riding is simply less competitive, more for the riders who want to go downhill without the competitiveness.  While DH racers just aim for speed, they  are able to slide or "drift" on turns, and Free Riders add more style such as 180 power slides, stalefishes, slashes, and etc.

DH Racing

Free Riding

No comments:

Post a Comment